Friday 1 May 2009

Introitus

Let's quash any and all pretense, shall we? My geographical location is a backward pocket of humanity that would be endearingly self-delusional if it weren't for its inherent ugliness. It flags a creed blatantly commending its modernity and industrialisation with no regard to the irony of such a statement in a post-modern and post-industrialised world. I'm sure David Lynch would love it, if we'd just get rid of our social security system. No doubt in my mind that time is all we need for that.

Sorry, I should be more positive. Think positive, Rob.

Errm... One thing I do like about it is that I am more or less an outsider here, whilst genetically I am more akin to these degenerates than to the inbreds from where I was born. That makes for a standard Lovecraftian setup. I admit, I do like to see the narrative of my life in such a context. I like to imagine myself the protagonist of a Cthulhu or Dagon story. I have, to varying extents of psychoticism, in the past. I'm fine, now. Thank you.

I'm tentatively interested in politics. Insanely fond of music, art and films. Academically interested in the concept of mind, self and reality. You'll see, don't worry. You'll see.

Oh, and one fair warning: sarcasm is a survival mechanism. I do take it too far at times. Just thought I'd mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment